From Electron Ion Collider Wiki
Revision as of 19:48, 31 July 2013 by Turonski
This FAQ provides guidelines for using the EIC@JLab wikis and mailing lists.
Public and Internal wiki
- There are currently two wikis with different levels of access control. They are separate, but cross linked.
- To view the wikis, your browser had to accept the JLab certificate. This is only needed to establish a secure connection. It is not a cookie!
- This wiki is, as the name suggests, for public information, and there are no restriction on viewing the contents.
- Viewing the contents of this wiki requires the standard JLab CUE account login.
- Editing either wiki requires membership of the eic group on the CUE system. To check if you are a member, give the command: groups username. To be added to the eic group, please send an email to the computer center firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To edit the wiki contents, you have to log in. Use the link in the upper right corner.
- Since each page on a wiki is identified by its name, please follow the naming convention of adding an appropriate prefix. For instance, names of pages in the e-p working group could start with ep.
- Links can be created to non-existing pages. The page will be created when filled with contents.
- Templates are provided for all working groups.
- Previous meeting and publication entries can also serve as templates for new contributions.
Linking to pages
- Local wiki pages are linked to by using its name within double square brackets.
- External links, including pages on the other wiki, need the full http address within single brackets.
- Files can be uploaded and maintained using the upload link in the lower box on the left.
- Since files are identified by name, please try to create unique names for uploaded files.
- Note that files uploaded to one wiki are not available on the other one.
Linking to files
- Uploaded files can be linked to using Media:filename within double square brackets.
- Mailing lists have been created at three levels.
- Appropriate links have been added to the appropriate subsections on the wiki.
- Common list for EIC@JLab: email@example.com.
- Detector Working Group: firstname.lastname@example.org