Eic software coll meeting
From Electron Ion Collider Wiki
JLab framework https://eic.jlab.org/wiki/index.php/EIC_Software
eic_software_coll at jlab.org
Only member can post
Anyone can register and read archive here https://mailman.jlab.org/mailman/listinfo/eic_software_coll
Date and Location: 8/26 Tuesday at 1:30PM ET in CEBAF center F228 Conference ID 983173498 Audio Dial: 18882402560 (US or Canada only) (see all numbers) and enter the Conference ID Desktop sharing https://bluejeans.com/983173498 (REMEMBER to turn off mic and speaker after join to avoid echo if you use phoneline for audio)
- meeting system "bluejeans" howto
- Through a browser in a computer, you can do desktop sharing, audio if you have a mic and speaker, and video if you have a webcam, just go to the conference link above and join as guest
- Phoneline should have better audio quality because it's not limited by network speed
- For browser, we recommend firefox on mac,windows and linux. Note at the first time you use it, a plugin needs to be downloaded and installed. On linux, only plugin available is for 64bit firefox and you need to install it as root.
- You can use bluejeans app on your mobile device to connect also after downloading it from your device's app store.
- Test the system by going to link http://bluejeans.com/111
- To host or schedule a meeting, you need jlab account, login at http://jlab.bluejeans.com/ and refer to https://cc.jlab.org/bluejeans
- Zhiwen Zhao, Maurizio Ungaro, Jin Huang, Martin Purschke, Xiaochun He, Alexander Kiselev, Ernst Sichtermann
- We have some good overview and in-depth discussion about Jlab, efsPHENIX and eicroot framework from all speakers.
- Jlab and eicroot framework is public accessible, efsPHENIX framework will be soon. We will setup common repo for shared code later, maybe on Github
- Mauri has suggested a common event generator interface
- We plan to look at how to unit input format for geometry/material/sensitivity, at least two approaches to explore, text based, ROOT TGeo based
- We agree to meet monthly, specific meeting time will be determined by poll
- an email list will be setup for communication