EA propagation: meeting minutes 4/29/10
J.Gilfoyle, M. Lamont, T.Mineeva, A.Accardi
Next Meeting: Thu, May 6, at 1pm
Update on HBT
Figure 5 and 7 show high statistics Pythia runs at EIC energy. The correlation is almost nothing at low energy (3+60), but becomes visible at high energy (11+60).
Figure 6 shows a high statistics tun at ZEUS energy, which confirms a correlation of teh order of what is seen experimentally.
The mistery is then why Hayk Hakobian sees a (very) large correlation at CLAS energy. A few comments during our discussion:
- ZEUS claims the correlation to be Q^2 independent: can this be an issue at lower energy where Q^2 decreases in average?
- Jerry will try a plot of the correlation vs. Q_12 and Q^2
- Maybe in Hayk's plot the correlation comes from other sources, not the formation region in space-time: Jerry will ask Hayk / Will if they
- took out the resonance contributions
- consider Coulomb corrections
- Are there model predictions for the sqrt(s) dependence of the correlations?
- We need to check better the literature
Strategy for HBT
We need to convince ourselves that tehre will be a sizable signal at EIC. Pythia now indicates a small signal, but we need to check better if there are any generator issues, and understand the magnitude of teh signal at CLAS.
If we are confident for a good signal, we will go on and perform serious simualation and projection plots for EIC.
Jet page and other stubs
A jet physics page has been created by Raphael. There also are a few references for beginners. Stubs for our other main topics (light/heavy flavors, HBT) have also been created. Just clock on the topic names in our observable pages.